Friday, August 29, 2008

YEP...

Well ... I'm back ... made your day right? Yep I know I'm amazing like that. Anyways - I've been gone a while - I didn't realize that my last post was almost 3 months ago. I think that maybe I just didn't feel I had anything interesting to offer you. No broken animals or glass or anything exciting like that...but now I realize that this post is for me too - right? It's for me and to share with you all - my 3 devoted readers.

Anyways - it was a fast summer - incredibly wet - but fast. Never got to all the things that I wanted to do. But do we ever? I go by the philosophy that the more projects one accumulates - the longer one has to live - right? I mean one can't die if you have all these cool little projects to complete. Or perhaps I must just admit that I have a little problem - I don't think there's a 12 stepper program for obsessive collecting - yeah it's a problem. My stuff (note not junk) is taking over the house. It's getting hard to hide.

So - Em is off to third grade. How did that happen? Again this time flying thing - I'm not sure I like it. Third grade was my absolute favorite grade. If I hadn't been talked out of getting my teaching degree 4 or 5 times by disgruntled teacher relatives - 3rd grade would have been my grade. Even in this advanced age of learning (sure) I think that the 3rd grader knows enough to be a curious student but not enough to be bored out of their mind or just completely lost. I liked it - still do. I can't wait to go on this journey with her...it's going to be her year...I'm sure of it.

And little E - he's a hoot. The other day we were driving some back roads and the car windows were actually down (it was one of the few lovely days of summer that we managed to eek out of the season) - and a small object came flying in the window at him (I have to admit I was suspicious that perhaps it was the elder E that may have flung it at her little brother - I keep telling her he's going to be bigger than her someday - so she better beware of her actions today).

What was that we wanted to know - "A gunk threw a corn at me". Hmmm...often little E's words are open to interpretation. A gunk? A corn? Oh...an acorn. Yes that's what I said he said. A gunk - oh...a skunk? Yes that's what I said he said. So a skunk threw an acorn at you? Yes I think maybe he was mad at me. And why would he be made at you? He was hungry. Oh - and he threw it from the road? No the tree. Hmmm...maybe it was a squirrel because I don't think that skunks climb trees - pretty sure. Yes - he said - that's what I said.

Sure enough - upon exiting the car we found a 1/2 eaten acorn beside E's feet - window side. Coincidence or maybe the little guy really was trying to tell us something - stranger things....

1 comment:

Jeanne Tuthill said...

OK, so you can back...then you left again! You seriously need an update on here. Get crackin', woman!