Thursday, May 29, 2008

Better today - I think...

After a good nights sleep - E actually touched MaxandRubyBellaRainbow this morning - still there was no love happening. So...after dropping the boy at school...I headed out to more local pet stores to see what I could find. I am determined that I am going to find some small being for this kid to love. No matter that I'm using a weeks worth of gas to find this little soul who may or may not (at this point I'm thinking probably not) appease my little boy. Oh well...

Store 1...nothing...not even a fish. Alrighty then.

Store 2...some fish, gerbils (ick!), and some cute little bunnies. No mice. Maybe I should just go next door and check out the Pandora beads.

Store 3...I enter with trepidation...my luck has NOT been good thus far. Why should it change here. BUT...I hit the mouse jackpot. Not only were there hundreds of little white mice - the wrong kind apparently, but there little dark eyed ones as well. Nothing like Bella - but that was a good thing. Right? If I got one just like her - E might think that she'd risen from the dead. There were mice ranging in age from jellybean size to full grown (they're not very big to begin with so there's not a huge jump from jellybean to grownup here) and expecting. So...in went the hand and on climbed (that's right I didn't have to chase it down) the most adorable baby mouse. OMG! Now I was in love...I didn't care if E didn't like her/him (hard to tell at this point it's so young - I'm a little uncomfortable poking around this poor little guys hind end) I wanted it. "You may have to feed her/him from a dropper for a bit." I don't care - this little soul is coming with me.

Well - I am SuperMom again (pretty much)...I picked my little guy up from school with new friend in hand. His smile said it all...he's in love...again.

He even lets me pick it up...I guess I've been forgiven.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are my idol. You have my vote for mom of the year...3 pet stores...very impressive :)
You have redeemed yourself, my friend.