Friday, May 30, 2008

WHY? really ... this is enough!

Apparently there is some higher being that has it out for me this week...or maybe...I'm being sent some other-worldly message ... "Sit in one spot and don't TOUCH anything!". I'm beginning to think that maybe I have a type of MIDAS syndrome - except instead of turning everything to gold, I'm creating havoc and breaking everything -living or non.

Seriously - it's a gorgeous day today - so I decide to haul my lazy self outside and get some things done in preparation for summer. I'm going to put together our new patio table (why I purchased a new table when we can't eat outside without being attacked by irritating little flying bugs - I don't know - but I did...). Very carefully I open all the packaging and lay out everything I need. I'm not a good direction follower in the first place - I generally like to do it my own way (because it's better right?)...but today I follow the instructions to the last period. Tim would be very proud - well at least up until this point. I've got the glass (do you see where this is going?) table top on a soft surface and well away from any heavy flying/tumbling objects.

Next come the legs - very gently - no screws yet - I place them in their designated spots. Next the brace that holds the 4 legs together...then a sound not unlike cracking ice...what? The table top has cracked and is now breaking into millions of little pieces. WELL...this certainly put a damper on my morning activities. It's now apparent to me that I should have opted to watch a movie with E instead.

Now what? Well thankfully the kind people at Lowe's will take it back - don't bring the glass please - and exchange for a new one. They tell me that there are 14 of this type of table left and that there is no need to put one on hold, they definintely won't sell out...I should have told them about the mouse...

1 comment:

HisSheep said...

Chalk it up to life experience KT! At least you tried ... and you did your best! MOM